Velocity Reviews

-   -   COM instantiation hangs in web method (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t783179-com-instantiation-hangs-in-web-method.html)

Amyn 05-26-2004 06:46 PM

COM instantiation hangs in web method

I have a web service running on localhost. In this web method I am instantiating a COM object as follows

dim obj as New MyCOMObject 'The dll for the COM object is registered on localhost (using regsvr32) and is in C:\ roo

When I test this web service from a VB script client (which prepares a SOAP request using MSXML XMLHTTP object), all works fine and I get a result (SOAP request returns successfully with the expected result value, an order number
But when I call this web service in a web form client, it hangs. So, I debugged the web service, I step through it and see that the call hangs at above line where it tries to create an instance of COM object
I thought its a security issue, I tried with impersonation in web.config as follows

<identity impersonate="true" userName="domain\myUser" password="****"/>
"myUser" is in admin group on localhos

Still does not work

Teemu Keiski 05-30-2004 02:31 PM

Re: COM instantiation hangs in web method

Do you get any specific error message?

--
Teemu Keiski
http://blogs.aspadvice.com/joteke

"Amyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a web service running on localhost. In this web method I am

instantiating a COM object as follows:

> dim obj as New MyCOMObject 'The dll for the COM object is registered on

localhost (using regsvr32) and is in C:\ root

Amyn 06-03-2004 04:16 AM

Re: COM instantiation hangs in web method

No, I see that debugger hangs at the line where COM object is instantiated