Velocity Reviews

-   -   IsPostBack ?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t783174-ispostback.html)

cmrchs@yahoo.com 05-26-2004 10:23 AM

IsPostBack ??

Hi,

how can I initialize data kept in the Session-object only the first time a WS is invoked and not everytime the WS is invoked.

I tried :

Sub New()
if IsPostBack = false then
Session("counter") = 0
end if
End Sub

--> but IsPostBack is not available in a WebService (it is in WebPages)

Thnx

Chris

Jan Tielens 05-26-2004 04:15 PM

Re: IsPostBack ??

Check out this article:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...ce08062002.asp
Using ASP.NET Session State in a Web Service

--
Greetz
Jan

"Chris C" <cmrchs@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi,
>
> how can I initialize data kept in the Session-object only the first time a

WS is invoked and not everytime the WS is invoked.

> I tried :
>
> Sub New()
> if IsPostBack = false then
> Session("counter") = 0
> end if
> End Sub
>
> --> but IsPostBack is not available in a WebService (it is in WebPages)
>
> Thnx
>
> Chris

> Sent via Fuzzy Software @ http://www.fuzzysoftware.com/
> Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP &

ASP.NET resources...