Velocity Reviews

-   -   Do I need CRC check on web service which returns byte array? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t783149-do-i-need-crc-check-on-web-service-which-returns-byte-array.html)

Rastio Hodul 05-21-2004 11:24 PM

Do I need CRC check on web service which returns byte array?

Hi,
I have a web service that will send a byte array down to the client. It goes
through highly unreliable radio network. Do I need to implement the CRC
check on the array? Or is it guaranteed by the web services that if I get
the array it will be complete?

Thanks.

--
Rastio Hodul
rastislav.hodul@teklogix.com

AlexS 05-21-2004 11:28 PM

Re: Do I need CRC check on web service which returns byte array?

Hi, Rastio

It would safer to assume that you can receive incomplete or garbled data,
so, I would implement some kind of checking, which will say to me if receipt
is complete and true. It could be crc or something else. As a rule I always
expect garbage in my mailbox, don't know why :-)

HTH
Alex