Velocity Reviews

-   -   What is tempuri.org and why am I getting: "Unable to connect to remote server" (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t782818-what-is-tempuri-org-and-why-am-i-getting-unable-to-connect-to-remote-server.html)

Aaron Ackerman 03-05-2004 02:36 PM

What is tempuri.org and why am I getting: "Unable to connect to remote server"

First I have created successful WebServices before using typed datasets,
etc.

But what is tempuri.org and why is my namespace using this address and
should I change it, and to what?

I am creating a very small test app from a .NET Smart app to a very simple
webservice but when I click the button on the emulator app which calls my
WebServices WebMethod "PutData" I get the following error:
"Unable to connect to remote server"

Both the Smart app and the WebService are running on my local machine so I
do not know what is up. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Aaron Ackerman 03-05-2004 06:09 PM

Re: What is tempuri.org and why am I getting: "Unable to connect to remote server"

Yeah, I actually tried that and changed tempuri.org to localhost and i got
the same error. It has to be a valid URL correct? I am not just giving the
namespace a name like MyNamespace.

"Stuart Hemming (via DFN-CIS NetNews Service)"
<shemming@estatecomputers.com> wrote in message
news:1618375358.20040305165729@estatecomputers.com ...
On 05/03/2004, around 16:54, Aaron Ackerman wrote:

AA> But what is tempuri.org and why is my namespace using this address and
AA> should I change it, and to what?
It's using that 'cos you haven't told it to use anything else.

You need to change the [WebService] attribute in your source to
something like

For C#
[WebService(Namespace="http://mynamespace")]

As for /what/ you call your namespace, that's up to you, but the whole
point is it should be something unique to you/your environment. Lookup
WebService Attribute in MSDN for m ore details.
--
Stuart
See headers for PGP Key.

EagleRed@HighFlyingBirds.com 03-07-2004 06:36 PM

Re: What is tempuri.org and why am I getting: "Unable to connect to remote server"

Try changing the namespace to something that contains your Web service namespace like, "http://www.mydomain.com/ServiceVirtualDirectory". You still must reference the service when debugging with something like "http://localhost/ServiceVirtualDirectory/Service.asmx

Hope this helps

Eagle