Velocity Reviews

-   -   Newbie Web Service Question regarding User Controls (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t782804-newbie-web-service-question-regarding-user-controls.html)

Billy Boy 03-03-2004 03:20 PM

Newbie Web Service Question regarding User Controls

Can I return a user control from a Web Service?

I have a Web Page that has a Placeholder on it and I wish to populate
this placeholder with a "user control" that is build in a Web Service.

Jan Tielens 03-04-2004 12:31 PM

Re: Newbie Web Service Question regarding User Controls

No, that is not possible. The usercontrol is not serializable.

--
Greetz,
Jan

"Billy Boy" <b.b@ntlworld.com> schreef in bericht
news:aeba0aa9.0403030720.be6f909@posting.google.co m...

Billy Boy 03-06-2004 04:07 PM

Re: Newbie Web Service Question regarding User Controls

I'm not total sure what you mean but thanks for replying anyway ...

May be I should browse/post a question regarding the subject.

Once again thanks

Billy