Velocity Reviews

-   -   Underlying connection was closed (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t782802-underlying-connection-was-closed.html)

samy 03-03-2004 12:21 PM

Underlying connection was closed

I have an application which invokes(calls) a webservice (on IIS 5.0 , windows 2K) every 10 seconds.
After a long time(about 4 hours),the call to the webservice fails with the error

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.Ge tWebResponse(WebRequest request
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtoco l.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters
at ..

Any suggestion

Teemu Keiski 03-03-2004 04:54 PM

Re: Underlying connection was closed

Hi have you checked this KB article?

Check also other support articles at at MS Support.

--
Teemu Keiski

Jan Tielens 03-04-2004 12:32 PM

Re: Underlying connection was closed

You may want to read following post too:
http://weblogs.asp.net/jan/archive/2.../28/63771.aspx

--
Greetz,
Jan