Velocity Reviews

-   -   dynamic URLS convert to static URLS for search engines (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t782794-dynamic-urls-convert-to-static-urls-for-search-engines.html)

Steve T. 03-01-2004 01:46 PM

dynamic URLS convert to static URLS for search engines

We use ASP.net and all our pages are dynamically created and search engines such as Google does not like dynamically created pages to index. What is the best and easiest method to set up the server to produce static pages so search engines such as google can index them

Thanks in advance
Steve T.

Jan Tielens 03-02-2004 06:30 AM

Re: dynamic URLS convert to static URLS for search engines

I suggest you post your question in the ASP.NET newsgroup, this on is for
web services...

--
Greetz,
Jan

Steve T. 03-02-2004 08:31 PM

Re: dynamic URLS convert to static URLS for search engines

This is the right section - I am talking about Web Services not page help !!!!!

Michael Pearson 03-02-2004 09:04 PM

Re: dynamic URLS convert to static URLS for search engines

Web services <> Search Engine stuff

"Steve T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is the right section - I am talking about Web Services not page help

!!!!!

Jan Tielens 03-03-2004 07:58 AM

Re: dynamic URLS convert to static URLS for search engines

So you want google to index your webservice responses?

--
Greetz,
Jan

Steve T. 03-03-2004 06:41 PM

Re: dynamic URLS convert to static URLS for search engines

I have found a freeware utility that surpasses the commercial versions called URL Replacer - good for renaming pages that have default.aspx?abc_replacePane=133;and_so_on=12345 to mainpage.asp or some other name

http://www.motobit.com/help/url-repl...od-rewrite.asp - if you find something better - I am all ears

Thanks
Steve T.

Jan Tielens 03-04-2004 12:23 PM

Re: dynamic URLS convert to static URLS for search engines

do you want to index sites (ASP.NET pages) or web services (XML)?

--
Greetz,
Jan

> Yes I want google to index my sites. If this is the wrong news group -

you may want to give me the exact URL for it under Microsoft Communities.

Steve T. 03-04-2004 03:16 PM

Re: dynamic URLS convert to static URLS for search engines

I would like to index my asp.net pages - the application I downloaded called URL Replacer - it seems to work - however, we haven't tested it against Google.com's search engine

Thanks again
Steve T

Read my weblog: http://weblogs.asp.net/ja