Velocity Reviews

-   -   Overriding Serialize() for web service/WebMethod() (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t782372-overriding-serialize-for-web-service-webmethod.html)

Mazen S. Alzogbi 12-15-2003 12:39 PM

Overriding Serialize() for web service/WebMethod()

Well, I was successful in overriding the XmlSerializer.Serialize() method
and control the output XML document by using the XmlAttributeOverrides class
and calling Serialize manually to an XML document on the disk. Now I need to
apply the same conecpt but to the stream returned by a web service.

When does the web service call the XmlSerializer.Serialize() method under
the hood? How can I override the Serialize method it uses?

Thanks,

Mazen