Velocity Reviews

-   -   Hiding parameters in webservice ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t782168-hiding-parameters-in-webservice.html)

glenn h 11-12-2003 07:58 AM

Hiding parameters in webservice ?

Isīt possible to have a hidden paramter to a webservice-method.
For ex: I want t send username as the last parameter in a method, but I
donīt want this to be exposed .

result = webservice.getInfo("123456","Username");

Regards
/glenn

Arthur Nesterovsky 11-12-2003 10:43 AM

Re: Hiding parameters in webservice ?

Hi,

> Isīt possible to have a hidden paramter to a webservice-method.
> For ex: I want t send username as the last parameter in a method, but I
> donīt want this to be exposed .
>
> result = webservice.getInfo("123456","Username");

No, it is impossible.

--
______________________________
With best wishes, Arthur Nesterovsky

Hans Kesting 11-12-2003 12:12 PM

"glenn h" <glenn.hafstrom@invalid> wrote in message
> Isīt possible to have a hidden paramter to a webservice-method.
> For ex: I want t send username as the last parameter in a method, but I
> donīt want this to be exposed .
>
> result = webservice.getInfo("123456","Username");
>
> Regards
> /glenn

I've heard about sending data in the "soap header". It will not show as a
parameter.
Both ends need to know that data should be sent that way.

You will need to search for this as I don't have more info about it.

Hans Kesting

glenn h 11-12-2003 02:04 PM

Re: Hiding parameters in webservice ?

Thanks, I check this out.