Velocity Reviews

-   -   Passing a Large String as a parameter to a web service (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t782132-passing-a-large-string-as-a-parameter-to-a-web-service.html)

Ashok Subramanian 11-06-2003 09:30 PM

Passing a Large String as a parameter to a web service

Hello

I have a situation where I might pass a large string as a parameter to
a webservice. The string size could go upto 100 MB. Is there a timeout
or data truncation issue I might have? Any ideas are welcome..

Thanks
Ashok

richlm 11-09-2003 08:37 PM

Passing a Large String as a parameter to a web service

With a parameter of that size, you probably want to look
at sending it as an attachment. There could be some
architectural/peformance issues otherwise.
Look at DIME or WS-Attachments for inspiration.
(FYI - I am not speaking from experience - just a gut
feeling...)

richlm
itcoaches.dk