Velocity Reviews

-   -   No Touch Deployment and Web Services. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t781822-no-touch-deployment-and-web-services.html)

Mats-Erik Grundh 09-30-2003 09:49 AM

No Touch Deployment and Web Services.

My problem is that same webservice deploys on localhosts,
development server, test server and production server and
i want to control from the shortcut on the desktop on
which server to access webservice from, like this:

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\IEExec. exe
http://ozzy/conet/client/bin/co.win.exe?server=ozzy

the parameter server=ozzy tells which server to run
webservice on.

PS:I've tested the option dynamic on web reference
properties but i cant find a way to programatically change
the settings in application.config file.

Thanks in advance!

Michael Pearson 09-30-2003 10:22 PM

Re: No Touch Deployment and Web Services.

what about having like three separate config files? Depending on something
in the shortcut, you load the correct config file that points to the right
web service??

Michael
"Mats-Erik Grundh" <classe@Classeabc.se> wrote in message
> No Touch Deployment and Web Services.
>
> My problem is that same webservice deploys on localhosts,
> development server, test server and production server and
> i want to control from the shortcut on the desktop on
> which server to access webservice from, like this:
>
> C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\IEExec. exe
> http://ozzy/conet/client/bin/co.win.exe?server=ozzy
>
> the parameter server=ozzy tells which server to run
> webservice on.
>
> PS:I've tested the option dynamic on web reference
> properties but i cant find a way to programatically change
> the settings in application.config file.
>
> Thanks in advance!

---

Mats-Erik Grundh 10-02-2003 08:22 AM

Re: No Touch Deployment and Web Services.

Is it possible to have three separate app.config files and
then load then when you use No Touch Deployment?

9/18/2003