Velocity Reviews

-   -   Serialization of Datasets (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t781816-serialization-of-datasets.html)

Dave Morgereth 09-29-2003 02:10 PM

Serialization of Datasets

We use .NET Datasets to carry data between our client and web service.
We've noted that the serialization is not as efficient as it could be (ie.
column values are passed as elements rather than attributes). Does anyone
have an example of overriding the default serialization for a Dataset?

Thanks
Dave

Jacob Yang [MSFT] 09-30-2003 01:38 AM

RE: Serialization of Datasets

Hi Dave,

Based on my research and experience, the following Knowledge Base article
is useful to you. Please refer to it carefully.

INFO: Roadmap for XML Serialization in the .NET Framework

It states that

"...
The "Examples of XML Serialization" link gives several code samples that
demonstrate XML serialization, including the following:

Serialization of a DataSet
..."

Does it answer your question? If I have misunderstood your concern, please
feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support