Velocity Reviews

-   -   Unhandled exception: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t781692-unhandled-exception-server-did-not-recognize-the-value-of-http-header-soapaction.html)

Hazzard 09-12-2003 04:38 AM

Unhandled exception: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction

I have the following code with errors on the lines as indicated by the ->
and the explanation in the exception details below;

' FORM1.VB
Private Sub LoadCustomersComplete(ByVal ar As IAsyncResult)
Dim ds As DataSet
Dim ws As New testDataAccess.Service1
-> ds = ws.EndGetDataSet(ar) (line 124 as explained in the exception
details below)

which calls the first line in the following REFERENCE.VB file;

Public Funtion EndGetDataSet(ByVal asyncResult As System.IAsyncResult) As
System.Data.DataSet
-> Dim results() As Object = Me.EndInvoke(asyncResult) (line 53 as
explained below)

and here are the exception details;
***************************
Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error
during async processing. ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException:
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize the
value of HTTP Header SOAPAction:
http://tempuri.org/testDataAccess/Service1/GetDataSet.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.Soap11ServerProtocol Helper.RouteRequest()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.I nitialize()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactor y.Create(Type type,
HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean&
abortProcessing)
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.ReadResponse(SoapClient
Message message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
asyncCall)
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult
asyncResult)
at AsyncApp.testDataAccess.Service1.EndGetDataSet(IAs yncResult asyncResult)
in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CustomerWebService2\CustomerWeb Service\AsyncApp\Web
References\testDataAccess\Reference.vb:line 53
at AsyncApp.Form1.LoadCustomersComplete(IAsyncResult ar) in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CustomerWebService2\CustomerWeb Service\AsyncApp\Form1.vb:
line 124
***************************

Any ideas?
Thank you,
-Greg

Parker Zhang [MSFT] 09-12-2003 09:35 AM

RE: Unhandled exception: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction

Hi,

Firstly, please make sure the webservice is ok. If the service doesn't
work, the client is certain to fail.

Secondly, please check the namespace on the webservice side. Are you using
the following?

<WebService(Namespace := "http://www.contoso.com/")>

If you have any Qs, please reply to this post.

--
Parker Zhang
Microsoft Developer Support

Hazzard 09-12-2003 03:33 PM

Re: Unhandled exception: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction

Thank you Parker. The webservice is o.k. It returns a dataset; a diffgram. I
believe it is a namespace-path discrepancy.
-Greg

"Parker Zhang [MSFT]" <parzhang@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Firstly, please make sure the webservice is ok. If the service doesn't
> work, the client is certain to fail.
>
> Secondly, please check the namespace on the webservice side. Are you using
> the following?
>
> <WebService(Namespace := "http://www.contoso.com/")>
>
> If you have any Qs, please reply to this post.
>
> --
> Parker Zhang
> Microsoft Developer Support

rights.

Hazzard 09-13-2003 01:51 PM

Re: Unhandled exception: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction

Got it. This is one of those cases where it was easier to start a new
project, creating a new virtual directory, and start all over. I was trying
to morph another application and I got its knickers in a twist...