Velocity Reviews

-   -   Application object lifetime (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t781354-application-object-lifetime.html)

Paolo Pagano 07-22-2003 10:05 AM

Application object lifetime

Hi,

how can I control the Application's life time in a service like:

public class MyService : System.Web.Services.WebService
{

[WebMethod] public int Ping()
{
Application.Lock();

int count = Convert.ToInt32( Application[ "PING_COUNT" ] ) + 1;
Application[ "PING_COUNT" ] = count;

Application.UnLock();

return count;
}
}

after FEW minutes "PING_COUNT" is resetted: I think the Application is
restarted.
Can I control this from my WebService and/or from IIS settings?

NOTE that Session timeout in IIS for this application (virtual directory) is
20 minutes.

thanxx,
Paolo