Velocity Reviews

-   -   ModalPopupExtender hide problems (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t781152-modalpopupextender-hide-problems.html)

Kyle Uy 01-18-2010 05:46 AM

ModalPopupExtender hide problems

Hi,

To explain briefly I have a MasterPage with an UpdatePanel on it which then contains User Controls. On the user control I have a ModalPopupExtender with an UpdatePanel inside its PopupControlID which is a Panel. My MPE doesn't have Ok or Cancel buttons. I just placed a button inside the Panel which triggers the postback and on the code just hides the MPE via <mpe_name>.hide().

This works fine after clicking the button. The MPE becomes hidden, but the problem lies when I trigger anything on the MasterPage's UpdatePanel; the MPE becomes visible and somewhat broken because it's not modal anymore and it just shows the unneeded div at the lower left of the page.

Have anyone experienced this before? Thanks in advance.

5 SQL Server Management Studio Tips
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...agement-s.aspx

Joe 01-26-2010 01:37 PM

Re: ModalPopupExtender hide problems

I am having the exact same problem as the above message.

I think could have something to do with upgrading to Dot Net 3.5
framework.

Has anyboby came acorss a work around for this bug in the framework?

Joe 01-27-2010 01:15 PM

Re: ModalPopupExtender hide problems

I think you misunderstood our problem Eliza.

The problem relates to ModalPopupExtender being used within an
UpdatePanel.

Joe 01-27-2010 02:07 PM

Re: ModalPopupExtender hide problems

I think I should make it clear that I did not have this problem when I
was running this on dot Net 2.0. But its not possible for me to back
track to 2.0 as my customers use 3.5.

Any help on this matter is needed urgently, or I will need to redesign
this part of the web app to not use the modal popup.

Frank 02-19-2010 04:25 AM

Re: ModalPopupExtender hide problems

Did you ever find anything on this? I'm running into the same problem, but
only when the page is loaded with a QueryString.

Frank