Velocity Reviews

-   -   DataList with Detail Datasource in Footer gives exception (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t781110-datalist-with-detail-datasource-in-footer-gives-exception.html)

Scott.Metzger 10-19-2009 07:25 PM

DataList with Detail Datasource in Footer gives exception

Hi,

I have a DataList and I am using the Footer for the Insert.
In the Footer I have a Detail View DropDownList which uses another
DropDownList in the Footer as the Master.
Therefore the SqlDataSource for the Detail must be in the Footer so the
Master is visible for the parameter.

Once I click the Insert and the control goes back to the Item Template (with
the footer.visible set to false) the datasource is rebound and I get an
exception
"sqlDatasource does not have a naming container. Ensure that the control is
added to the page before calling DataBind"

How can I 'abort' the DataBind if there is no naming container? I don't
really need the datasource to be bound at this point since I am not viewing
the Footer.

Thanks,
Scott