Velocity Reviews

-   -   Error Creating Control (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t780136-error-creating-control.html)

Neil 08-27-2007 03:29 PM

Error Creating Control

I have created an asp.net user control which uses a template, in Source view
the template is being shown and I can add asp.net code to it but when I
switch to Design view it says:

Error creating control- pnlHello

Type 'System.Web.UI.UserControl' does not have a public property named
'PanelTemplate'

(but it is all fine in Source view. I used C# to code the control- any
suggestions?)

Riki 08-27-2007 05:33 PM

Re: Error Creating Control

Neil wrote:
> I have created an asp.net user control which uses a template, in
> Source view the template is being shown and I can add asp.net code to
> it but when I switch to Design view it says:
>
> Error creating control- pnlHello
>
> Type 'System.Web.UI.UserControl' does not have a public property named
> 'PanelTemplate'
>
> (but it is all fine in Source view. I used C# to code the control- any
> suggestions?)

How dit you create the PanelTemplate?

How to create a templated user control:
http://leedale.wordpress.com/2007/08...ith-aspnet-20/