Velocity Reviews

-   -   Generate html table with merged cells (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t780055-generate-html-table-with-merged-cells.html)

Greg 07-24-2007 06:15 PM

Generate html table with merged cells

I need to dynamically construct a table in code (vb.net) that will
have merged cells. It should look something like this:

_____________
_____________
another image control)
_____________
_____________
another image control)
_____________

So every other row would appear as a merged cell. I've tried
specifying the rowspan property of the cell prior to adding to the row
collection, but when I do, it wacks the formatting completely. I'm
trying to display data with a rounded border around the text similar
to the way the google groups appear. Any help is appreciated.

Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider] 07-25-2007 02:18 PM

Re: Generate html table with merged cells

You want to set the colspan, not the rowspan.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,

news:1185300905.199070.120230@22g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...