Velocity Reviews

-   -   Injecting a User Control / Control into a content dynamic content (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t779957-injecting-a-user-control-control-into-a-content-dynamic-content.html)

Kurt 06-13-2007 08:54 PM

Injecting a User Control / Control into a content dynamic content

I was experimenting with an idea of using a keyword concept to allow custom
user controls to be injected or dynamically added to a point on a web page,
based on some content stored in an external data store. Example, say I have
the following stored in a database text field:

Additionally, say I have a user control that is an ad rotator. What I would
like to do now is replace the “{AdRotator}” with my preconfigured AdRotator
control. Preferably, I would like to someway get a reference to the TD
object contacting the “keyword” cell I want to replace, then just do the
Controls.Add() trick, unfortunately, I am not quite seeing how to turn my
original string into a ASP.NET object prior to adding it to a page..?

Any thoughts on the concept would be most welcome.

thanks