Velocity Reviews

-   -   template columns and bound columns in gridview (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t779828-template-columns-and-bound-columns-in-gridview.html)

Vinki 04-25-2007 12:10 AM

Hello Everyone,

In my gridview, I changed some of the bound columns to template columns, I
noticed that the template column is not recognized inside the RowDataBound
event method. The reason I changed the bound columns to template columns so
that I can add the total column in the footer. I guess I cannot do that with
bound columns.
If I do e.Row.Cells[5].Text then 5th column is not recognixed inside the
Rowdatabound event, but If i do e.Row.Cells[4].Text then it is recognized.
Please let me know what am I doing wrong.

<asp:GridView ID="dgAgentActivity" runat="server"
AutoGenerateColumns="false" CellPadding="0" CellSpacing="1"
BackColor="AliceBlue" OnRowDataBound="dgAgentActivity_RowDataBound"
OnRowCreated="dgAgentActivity_RowCreated" ShowFooter="true">
<Columns>

<asp:BoundField HeaderText ="Time" DataField="SwitchTime" />
<asp:BoundField HeaderText ="State1" DataField="TerminalState" />
<asp:BoundField HeaderText ="State2" DataField="AgentState" />
<asp:BoundField HeaderText ="Que" DataField="Queue" />
<asp:BoundField HeaderText ="calculated Time"
DataField="calculated Time"/>

<asp:templatefield headertext="LogOut" >

<itemtemplate>
<%#Eval("LogOut", "{0:c}")%>
</itemtemplate>
<footertemplate>
<asp:label id="TotalTime" runat="server"/>
</footertemplate>
</asp:templatefield>
<asp:BoundField HeaderText ="test1 DataField="Not Ready" />

</Columns>

</asp:GridView>

protected void dgAgentActivity_RowDataBound(object sender,
GridViewRowEventArgs e)
{

}

Thanks.

Manish Bafna 04-25-2007 08:58 AM

RE: template columns and bound columns in gridview

Hi,
What i am going to tell is very basic but hoping that might help you.
You see it is zero based index.That is e.Row.Cells[4].Text will return
content of 5th column and .Row.Cells[0].Text will return content of 1st column
Hope this helps
--
If my answer helped you,then please do press Yes below.
Thanks and Regards.

Vinki 04-25-2007 04:22 PM

RE: template columns and bound columns in gridview

Hi Manish,

Thanks for responding. I already know about zero based index. I think
template columns use differnt command to access the cells than bound columns.