Velocity Reviews

-   -   Validation Control Problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t77951-validation-control-problem.html)

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhdGhpc2g=?= 05-12-2004 01:46 PM

Validation Control Problem

Hello Al
I have several forms;in each form i have several kind of asp.net validation controls-for eg-in one form i have 2 requiredfield validators,2 compare validators and a custom validato
when i submit the form intially the first two requiredfield validators will work and after correcting them and when i submit the form other similar validators will wor
this sees pretty nast
is there any way to make the all the validators work when a form is submitted and display the result all atonce instead of validating in part
thanks for any help given

Lerp 05-12-2004 02:37 PM

Re: Validation Control Problem

Hi,

I think there's an option called ValidationSummary where you can sum up all
validation errors in a place you specify ie: in a label

As for the order I am unsure, maybe it is in the order of the controls being
placed on form.

Cheers, lerp

"Shathish" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello All
> I have several forms;in each form i have several kind of asp.net

validation controls-for eg-in one form i have 2 requiredfield validators,2
compare validators and a custom validator
> when i submit the form intially the first two requiredfield validators

will work and after correcting them and when i submit the form other similar
validators will work
> this sees pretty nasty
> is there any way to make the all the validators work when a form is

submitted and display the result all atonce instead of validating in parts