Velocity Reviews

-   -   Design View when using an ASP:Panel to show/hide groups of <tr>'s (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t779033-design-view-when-using-an-asp-panel-to-show-hide-groups-of-tr-s.html)

Nathan Sokalski 10-12-2006 01:46 AM

Design View when using an ASP:Panel to show/hide groups of <tr>'s

I have an HTML table in which I am using ASP:Panel controls to group
together <tr>'s so that I can more easily show/hide them (by setting the
ASP:Panel's Visible property). This works fine, but Visual Studio .NET
2005's Design View always hides the <tr>'s regardless of whether the
ASP:Panel's Visible property is set to True, False, or not set at all. Is
there some way I can stop Visual Studio .NET 2005's Design View from hiding
my <tr>'s that are inside ASP:Panel controls? Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@hotmail.com

Robert Haken [MVP] 10-12-2006 08:47 AM

Re: Design View when using an ASP:Panel to show/hide groups of <tr>'s

>I have an HTML table in which I am using ASP:Panel controls to group
>together <tr>'s so that I can more easily show/hide them (by setting the
>ASP:Panel's Visible property). This works fine, but Visual Studio .NET
>2005's Design View always hides the <tr>'s regardless of whether the
>ASP:Panel's Visible property is set to True, False, or not set at all. Is
>there some way I can stop Visual Studio .NET 2005's Design View from hiding
>my <tr>'s that are inside ASP:Panel controls? Thanks.

asp:Panel contol usually renders as <div>...</div> tag. It is not suitable
for hiding <tr>s. Use asp:PlaceHolder, which does not have any wrapping
tags.

Robert Haken [MVP ASP/ASP.NET]
HAVIT, s.r.o., www.havit.cz
http://knowledge-base.havit.cz

Nathan Sokalski 10-13-2006 04:11 PM

Re: Design View when using an ASP:Panel to show/hide groups of <tr>'s

Would I use the asp:PlaceHolder control the same way? I have never used the
asp:PlaceHolder control before. Would my basic tag layout be the following:

<asp:PlaceHolder>
</asp:PlaceHolder>
<asp:PlaceHolder>
</asp:PlaceHolder>