Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can I find strings that need localization? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t77870-can-i-find-strings-that-need-localization.html)

=?Utf-8?B?R3JhaGFt?= 05-11-2004 05:31 PM

Can I find strings that need localization?

I have to localize a very large web application and therefore have to provide resource strings for all hard-coded strings in the application that will be visible to users

Is there a technique for 'finding' the strings that should be placed in resource files

I'm not looking for programs that 'test' the application and show whether I've missed a string, - I want to produce a list of strings before I create the resource file

Thanks in advance for any help on thi
Graham

CT 05-12-2004 01:59 AM

Re: Can I find strings that need localization?

While I'm not sure if there is a tool for this, I guess hard work is the way
forward...<g> Seriously though, I guess you can start by finding all
Response.Write, .Text = and those kind of string assignment operations.

--
Carsten Thomsen
Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF