Velocity Reviews

-   -   DetailsView & ObjectDataSource Update method (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t778224-detailsview-and-objectdatasource-update-method.html)

Matt 05-25-2006 03:47 PM

DetailsView & ObjectDataSource Update method

Do all the fields in the DetailsView need to be marked visible in order
to be passed to the Update or Delete methods of the ObjectDataSource?

I have a custom business object that has properties ApplicationId(Guid)
and Timestamp(timestamp). I don't want the users to see these fields
but they are required for the Update and Delete methods of the
underlying custom data access object that gets called.

If I mark these fields visible it works? Any thoughts?

Thanks ~ Matt

Matt 05-25-2006 06:20 PM

Re: DetailsView & ObjectDataSource Update method

Found the answer:

If the Visible property of a row field is set to false, the row is not
displayed in the DetailsView control and the data for the row does not
make a round trip to the client. If you want the data for a row that is
not visible to make a round trip, add the field name to the
DataKeyNames property.