Velocity Reviews

-   -   FileUpload - set the value in the control (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t778098-fileupload-set-the-value-in-the-control.html)

David Thielen 05-07-2006 05:23 PM

FileUpload - set the value in the control

Hi;

How can I set the filename in the text box for the FileUpload control?

--
thanks - dave
david_at_windward_dot_net

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD] 05-07-2006 10:04 PM

Re: FileUpload - set the value in the control

Web Browsers do not allow this for security reasons. I wouldn't want most
web servers to be able to choose which files they want to read from my hard
drive, would you?

If you're determined, you *might* be able to do it through client side code.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

David Thielen 05-07-2006 10:23 PM

Re: FileUpload - set the value in the control

Good point - I hadn't thought of that.