Velocity Reviews

-   -   Setting control focus on roundtrip (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t778037-setting-control-focus-on-roundtrip.html)

Inge Larsson 04-27-2006 08:30 PM

Setting control focus on roundtrip

Hi,

I have a number of TextBox'es and do AutoPostBack of the form for every text
box that the user leave (to handle data along the way). However, the tab
order is broken for every postback, and the tab order starts from the
beginning on every load of the page. Is there a way in ASP.NET 1.1 to, from
the CodeBehind page, set focus to whatever TextBox I like?

Thanks,
Inge

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD] 04-28-2006 04:13 AM

Re: Setting control focus on roundtrip

Here's how you set the focus to a control:
http://SteveOrr.net/faq/2in1.aspx

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

Inge Larsson 05-10-2006 02:53 PM

Re: Setting control focus on roundtrip

Thanks Steve for this solution, which taken generically is very valuable in a
lot more situations!

Inge