Velocity Reviews

-   -   Generate Server Controls at Runtime (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t777413-generate-server-controls-at-runtime.html)

Jeffrey Jones 12-15-2005 05:58 PM

Generate Server Controls at Runtime

Hello All,

I am trying to develop a web app that will allow a user to upload files
to a folder. I have an xml file that allows a person to add or delete a
file. Basic format follows.
<files>
<file>
<label>Map:</label>
<extension>pdf</extension>
<endname>Map</endname>
<multiple>0</multiple>
<sec_group>1</sec_group>
<section>1</section>
</file>
</files>

I also have an XSLT file that transforms the XML into HTML Controls.
Format follows.
<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:for-each select="//file">
<asp:panel id="pnl{endname}" runat="server">
DATA</asp:hyperlink></td>
</asp:panel>
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

So far I can create the controls at runtime and can even add a
javascript onclick event to the submit button. What I can't seem to do
is add a Server side event to the submit button. Has anyone run into
this problem? Should I just read the XML file into an XML doc and add
the controls to the page at runtime instead of using XSLT? If I choose
this method, how do I add the logic to the buttons to handle the click
event?

Thanks for your advice.

Jeff Jones