Velocity Reviews

-   -   Playing audio file thru streaming (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t776864-playing-audio-file-thru-streaming.html)

Ufit 09-20-2005 02:54 AM

Playing audio file thru streaming

I'd like to play a desired audio file - not by loading
the whole file but by streaming it chunk by chunk.
Any ideas how to do it? Appreciate help.

Uf

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD] 09-22-2005 02:56 AM

Re: Playing audio file thru streaming

Sure, you can do that with the windows media player activex control.
Here's the details on how to use that from ASP.NET:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/StreamingMedia.aspx

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP