Velocity Reviews

-   -   get the value of dropdownList (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t776358-get-the-value-of-dropdownlist.html)

Wen Ou 06-21-2005 12:36 PM

get the value of dropdownList

hi

i got a problem about dropdownlist. i set autopostback true. when its index
changed, i would like to get its value before changed and compare with the
value after changed. i don't have any idear about that.

anyone can help me

thank you

wen ou

Michael Baltic 06-29-2005 07:46 PM

RE: get the value of dropdownList

Create a new control and inherit from the dropdownlist. Add a property for
the previous value.

When the dropdownlist is filled with items, set the previos value to null.
All other times, just put the current value into the previous value AFTER you
read the contents of the previous value.

Make sure the value is persisted in state.
--
Staff Consultant II - Enterprise Web Services - Cardinal Solutions Group

Future Business Model - National City Mortgage

Wen Ou 06-29-2005 09:15 PM

RE: get the value of dropdownList

Hi Michael
thank you for your respondance
i still don't understand your answer. could you give me more details please

thank you
wen ou

Michael Baltic 06-30-2005 01:05 PM

RE: get the value of dropdownList

Do you know how to create an inherited control? If not, I can give you some
sample code.

My email user id is Michael.Baltic the domain is NCMC.com (That should stop
an automated spammer?)

If you don't want to create an inherited control, you can use session
variables to save the value. Each time you read the current value, save it

Wen Ou 06-30-2005 09:04 PM

RE: get the value of dropdownList

i don't like to use session variable. could you give some sample code of
inherited control please

thank you

wen ou