Velocity Reviews

-   -   Must explicitely the ID of control? Why? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t776144-must-explicitely-the-id-of-control-why.html)

Amelyan 05-23-2005 11:52 PM

Must explicitely the ID of control? Why?

The following error occurs when I do the following:

1) Click "Back" button on my internet explorer, which brings my pre-request
page.
2) Then click on *any* control that has a handler.

"An error has occurred because a control with auto-generated id '_ctl6'
could not be located to raise a postback event. To avoid this error,
explicitly set the ID property of controls that raise postback events. "

Does anyone knows why this happens?

Thanks,

Amelyan