Velocity Reviews

-   -   TemplateControl?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t775874-templatecontrol.html)

Ron Vecchi 04-14-2005 01:38 AM

TemplateControl??

Is it possible to create a custom control like the below example.
Basically the custom control will have a public property of type
PlaceHolder. What ever html content is enter between the <Container>
elements should be added to part of the Placeholders control colleciton.

Is this possible? any good resources for doing this out there?
---------------
<cc1:MyCustomControl id="Control" runat="server">
<Container>
//insert html content
</Container>
</cc1:MyCustomControl>
----------------

Thanks!
Ron

Brock Allen 04-14-2005 05:48 AM

Re: TemplateControl??

Yes, you can. Here are a couple of articles:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/01/cutting/
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...e/default.aspx

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

Ron 04-16-2005 02:14 PM

Re: TemplateControl??

Excellent, the second one was what I was looking for,

Thanks!
Ron

news:460349632490400784899328@msnews.microsoft.com ...