Velocity Reviews

-   -   DataGrid (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t775771-datagrid.html)

voo 03-31-2005 12:49 AM

DataGrid

I would like to group the rows of a datagrid so its value spans multiple rows.

A 1 12
A 2 24
A 3 11
B 1 14
B 2 12
B 3 11

I want to have A and B span 3 rows and display only once.

How can I do this in OnItemBound

Thanks.

Nick Stansbury 04-05-2005 08:21 AM

Re: DataGrid

I think what you mean is you are looking for Outlook style group-by-column
functionality. I don't know if this is possible with the MS datagrid but it
would be possible with some 3rd part controls - Telerik are just about to
release a grid control with this functionality, as well as dynamic column
re-sizing & re-ordering etc.

Nick