Velocity Reviews

-   -   pop up page in the user control (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t775582-pop-up-page-in-the-user-control.html)

Pesani 03-09-2005 04:01 AM

pop up page in the user control

Hi experts,

I have to create a user control contains a link ADD. If i click on ADD link
one pop up page has to open, this page contains the fields like name, date,
subject and comments after filling these fields and i have to click on submit
button. After submit the pop up page has to get close and the entered
information has to display in the control like date and subject(link). If i
click on subject link the same pop up page has to open to edit the existing
information.

This is similar to our news group kind of thing......

Can any one help me on this how to do.........

Thankx in advance.....

pesani....

quaester 03-09-2005 04:45 AM

RE: pop up page in the user control

You'll have to use client side script, (eg javascript) to achieve this.
First, you'll need to construct a page with all the fields that you want,
say popform.htm.
And on your control, put the event onclick to open up a new window using
javascript (aka. windows.open(..) )
In your popform, write javascript to write back to value to the opening form
(using windows.opener).
Hope this will give you some insight to start off.
I'm not sure there's any "server-side" or asp.net builtin way to do this, so
far not that I know of.

Pesani 03-09-2005 07:25 AM

RE: pop up page in the user control

Thanks quaester for your suggestion...but iam looking for asp.net & vb.net
code logic..opening a pop up is fine. But how to communicate from pup up
page(.aspx) to user control(.ascx) page....

is any body come across this kind of situation....if yes...please comment
on this...