Velocity Reviews

-   -   Autocomplete for Webcontrol (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t775484-autocomplete-for-webcontrol.html)

Anandan 02-23-2005 12:02 PM

Autocomplete for Webcontrol

In my webform i have TextBox webcontrols, how to enable the AutoComplete feature for this control?

From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/15_0...ebcontrols.htm

Posted via DevelopmentNow Groups
www.developmentnow.com/g
www.developmentnow.com

Teemu Keiski 02-23-2005 12:14 PM

Re: Autocomplete for Webcontrol

Hi,

if you mean the one built-in with IE (when user has also enabled it) you can
get that quite easily:

<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" AutoComplete="on" Runat="server" />

However, if you mean something like you'd want to bind the values (like
DropDownTextBox) you need to look for a custom control somewhere. Web is
full of them.

--
Teemu Keiski
ASP.NET MVP, Finland

Wilco Bauwer 02-23-2005 07:29 PM

Re: Autocomplete for Webcontrol

http://wilcoding.xs4all.nl/demos/smarttextbox

This is a custom control (although written in .NET 2.0), which shows
off a rich autocomplete feature (ala google suggest). It gets "auto
completion" data from the server using callbacks (read: xmlhttp).