Velocity Reviews

-   -   Browse Folder Dialog (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t775427-browse-folder-dialog.html)

TRay 02-16-2005 06:37 PM

Browse Folder Dialog

Does anyone know if there is a browse folder dialog control for ASP.NET (C#)?
I need my web page to allow a user to select a folder location on their
local pc. I found something similar with:
<INPUT id="txtFileName" type="file".....

However, I need the user to select a folder, not a file.

Thanks in advance,

02-17-2005 04:43 PM

Re: Browse Folder Dialog

Unfortunately this is not possible without the use of a user trusted ActiveX
or a trusted Java applet.
You can look for 3rd party components that do this but you have to
understand the security implications and the discomfort this may cause to
your users along witht he unreliability of a user being able to choose it.

Without a 3rd party control, the best solution I could really offer you
would be to provide the user with instructions on how to Zip up a folder and
then upload the contents and then you unzip it on the server side. This
solution has its own bundle of problems too.

Hope this helps

harsh goswamy 02-26-2005 01:22 PM

Re: Browse Folder Dialog

i want to open foder dialog control on web page to view folder of local
disk