Velocity Reviews

-   -   Treeview focus() problem! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t775386-treeview-focus-problem.html)

Shridhar 02-10-2005 01:01 PM

Treeview focus() problem!

Hi,

We have a problem of treeview focus() when the page is loaded. Basically we
are using it in webpart.(something like a frame) on pageload we tried with
document.getElementById('Treeviewpanel').focus(), but it seems not working!
Our custom tooltip will not display in proper position. as our business
logic calculates the coordinates when click or focus is fired on treeview
panel.

Any clue to calculate the coodinates or focus on Treeview panel is
appreciated.

Thanks,
Shridhar

JamesHead 02-10-2005 01:37 PM

RE: Treeview focus() problem!

Hi,

not sure how much this will help, but it might be worth checking (using view
source) the actual id of the treeview control. If you are planning to have
more than one treeview control on the page (or more than one instance of that
webpart on the page) then you should use something similar to the following:

c# -
tree = new TreeView();
tree.Attributes.Add("id", ReplaceTokens("oTree_WPQ_"));

this will add a client side id related to the id of the webpart. When
rendered, the ReplaceTokens function will seek "_WPQ_" and replace it with
"WPQx" where x is the id of the webpart. You will also need to reflect this
change in the javascript. Chances are you will have to pass in this id into
the javascript function in this fashion:

c# -
output.Write(ReplaceTokens("<script>myfunction('oT ree_WPQ_');</script>"));

Hope this helps - if it does, please post back to let me know. If you need
me to look over some code, ping some back and I will endeavour to have a
look. I am currently working on a treeview webpart and have solved several of
these problems recently.

Regards,

James

Shridhar 02-10-2005 04:39 PM

RE: Treeview focus() problem!

Hi James

Thanks. Offcourse I am getting dynamic id(treeviewpanel/catalogtree) which
is something like
"MiddleLeftZone_g_ea3d89d3_93d1_434f_88cb_c10fe2f2 641b__ctl1_CatalogTree"

but when I use thisid .focus() and if I add alert, this shows 'undefined.' I
think the treeview.htc also has some dofocus(), cancelfocus()/changefocus()
etc.(IE webcontrol tree) so it conflicts with our focus.
If I do not use focus in my onhover function, first time it displays in
wrong position. on click on the panel it displays on the proper position.
again when focus lose, it display wrong position(if clicks someother places
other than the panel).I have used for event.clientX and event.clientY for x
and y coordinates.

Note that this happens only when I set the height and width of the webpart.
if the height and width is relative, the custom description displays fine,
all the condition.

Thanks,
Shridhar.

Shridhar 02-10-2005 04:53 PM

RE: Treeview focus() problem!

I have used like
if((Wpheight != "")||(Wpwidth != ""))
{
tipX = event.clientX;
tipY = event.clientY + offset; //141.. offeset I am calculating

// tipX = event.offsetX;
// tipY = event.offsetY;
}
else
{
//this part works perfectly all the conditions.
tipX = window.event.x + 10 +document.body.scrollLeft ;
tipY = window.event.y +document.body.scrollTop +10;
}