Velocity Reviews

-   -   HeaderStyle - How to align differently then rest of gird (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t775156-headerstyle-how-to-align-differently-then-rest-of-gird.html)

RGB 01-07-2005 04:01 PM

HeaderStyle - How to align differently then rest of gird

I am creating a datagrid. I need for the header to align closer to the
bottom of the grid row then then the rest of the data in the grid. I have
tried using HeaderStyle and putting a style of padding-bottom, setting it to
a negative number, but that doesn't seem to have an affect on the look. The
padding for the grid itself is 4px, but I need the header to have NO padding.

Any ideas?

Here is the code (keep in mind it is using style sheets where I am changing
the padding-bottom to no avail!):

<asp:DataGrid Width="100%" id="companyGrid" runat="server"
AutoGenerateColumns="False" CssClass="reporttype highlight" GridLines="None"
style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px">
<AlternatingItemStyle CssClass="greyBkg"></AlternatingItemStyle>
<HeaderStyle CssClass="reporttypeheader"></HeaderStyle>
<Columns>
<cc:RowSelectorColumn HeaderText="COMPANY NAME" SelectionMode="Single">
<ItemStyle Width="40px" CssClass="leftcolumn"></ItemStyle>
</cc:RowSelectorColumn>
<asp:BoundColumn DataField="CompanyName"></asp:BoundColumn>
<asp:BoundColumn Visible="False" DataField="CompanyGUID"></asp:BoundColumn>
</Columns>
</asp:DataGrid>

John Saunders 01-07-2005 06:57 PM

Re: HeaderStyle - How to align differently then rest of gird

"RGB" <RGB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am creating a datagrid. I need for the header to align closer to the
> bottom of the grid row then then the rest of the data in the grid. I have
> tried using HeaderStyle and putting a style of padding-bottom, setting it
> a negative number, but that doesn't seem to have an affect on the look.
> The
> padding for the grid itself is 4px, but I need the header to have NO
> padding.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Here is the code (keep in mind it is using style sheets where I am
> changing
> the padding-bottom to no avail!):

If you add bottom padding does the alignment get worse? Try adding something
silly like 20px and see what happens.

John Saunders

RGB 01-07-2005 07:11 PM

Re: HeaderStyle - How to align differently then rest of gird

I actually have already done that. First I wanted to make sure it was using
the style that I thought it was, so I made the font ridiculously large. Then
I made the padding ridiculously large as well and the right and left padding
worked, but not the bottom or top. I used "padding:" and set the top, right,
bottom, left. I also used "padding-bottom" and that didn't work either, but
that doesn't work for right or left either.

John Saunders 01-07-2005 07:14 PM

>I actually have already done that. First I wanted to make sure it was
>using
> the style that I thought it was, so I made the font ridiculously large.
> Then
> I made the padding ridiculously large as well and the right and left
> padding
> worked, but not the bottom or top. I used "padding:" and set the top,
> right,
> bottom, left. I also used "padding-bottom" and that didn't work either,
> but
> that doesn't work for right or left either.

I don't know. I'm not an HTML expert. I'd play with margin and with
cellpadding and cellspacing as well. In fact, I'd experiment on this on a
normal <table> until I got it right, then I'd go apply it to the DataGrid.

John Saunders

RGB 01-07-2005 07:21 PM

Re: HeaderStyle - How to align differently then rest of gird

The style works fine outside of the datagrid. I can get the bottom padding
to change for the entire grid, but can't get only the heading to change it's
padding.

John Saunders 01-07-2005 09:38 PM

> The style works fine outside of the datagrid. I can get the bottom
> padding
> to change for the entire grid, but can't get only the heading to change
> it's
> padding.

When you say that it works outside of the grid, do you mean that it works in
a table?

Have you looked at the HTML generated by the DataGrid for a clue? In
particular, can you get the style to work on a table similar to the one that
the DataGrid generates?

John Saunders