Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   ASP .Net Web Controls (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f63-asp-net-web-controls.html)
-   -   Anchor property in web apps (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t774613-anchor-property-in-web-apps.html)

niv 10-27-2004 02:16 PM

Anchor property in web apps
 
Hi,

I dont have .NET with me at the moment so I cannot check
this myself..

I know that when working on a windows application, there
is a feature that allows the control to be anchored.

Does this feature exist when developing web applications?

If not.. how do I accomplish the anchor feature.

Thanks,

niv

Robert Koritnik 10-28-2004 11:00 AM

Re: Anchor property in web apps
 
Using HTML tables... and percentage dimensions. Most of the websites use
this technique, so do web apps. And so should you. :)

--
RobertK
{ Clever? No just smart. }

"niv" <niv@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1ec501c4bc2f$88a31350$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> I dont have .NET with me at the moment so I cannot check
> this myself..
>
> I know that when working on a windows application, there
> is a feature that allows the control to be anchored.
>
> Does this feature exist when developing web applications?
>
> If not.. how do I accomplish the anchor feature.
>
> Thanks,
>
> niv




niv 10-28-2004 12:30 PM

Re: Anchor property in web apps
 
Hi Robert,
Thanks for the reply.
Do you have a link so that I can check out an example of
this?

Thanks again.

>-----Original Message-----
>Using HTML tables... and percentage dimensions. Most of

the websites use
>this technique, so do web apps. And so should you. :)
>
>--
>RobertK
>{ Clever? No just smart. }
>
>"niv" <niv@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:1ec501c4bc2f$88a31350$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I dont have .NET with me at the moment so I cannot check
>> this myself..
>>
>> I know that when working on a windows application, there
>> is a feature that allows the control to be anchored.
>>
>> Does this feature exist when developing web

applications?
>>
>> If not.. how do I accomplish the anchor feature.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> niv

>
>
>.
>


Robert Koritnik 10-28-2004 03:39 PM

Re: Anchor property in web apps
 
No I don't but actually almost (let's say at least 90%) of all web pages are
an example of this in a way.
If your table has a width of 100% it will always span over the whole width
of the window (if not contained in another element). And if it contains two
cells one aligned left the other right all elements would align as supposed.
When you resize the window the table will be wider and elements within those
cells would still align. Especialy those on the right side would change
their position.

There is one problem. Bottom anchoring, while web pages tend to be height
unlimited. It is possible, but most of the people suggest not using it, so I
won't explaint it to you. You have to be more careful with user
experience...

Beside this: if you don't understand this, I suggest you to start learning
HTML, while it's very simple, UI design fast and friendly and soon Windows
apps will be done the same way. Sonner or later. I mean with flow layout.

--
RobertK
{ Clever? No just smart. }

"niv" <niv@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1a7801c4bce9$d9a186a0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi Robert,
> Thanks for the reply.
> Do you have a link so that I can check out an example of
> this?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Using HTML tables... and percentage dimensions. Most of

> the websites use
> >this technique, so do web apps. And so should you. :)
> >
> >--
> >RobertK
> >{ Clever? No just smart. }
> >
> >"niv" <niv@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >news:1ec501c4bc2f$88a31350$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I dont have .NET with me at the moment so I cannot check
> >> this myself..
> >>
> >> I know that when working on a windows application, there
> >> is a feature that allows the control to be anchored.
> >>
> >> Does this feature exist when developing web

> applications?
> >>
> >> If not.. how do I accomplish the anchor feature.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> niv

> >
> >
> >.
> >





All times are GMT. The time now is 08:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.