Velocity Reviews

-   -   REPOST: Need help locating a web date control with popup calendar (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t774564-repost-need-help-locating-a-web-date-control-with-popup-calendar.html)

Karen Grube 10-21-2004 07:35 PM

REPOST: Need help locating a web date control with popup calendar

Hi!

I'm trying to locate a decent FREE ASP.Nry web control that will allow a
user to
enter a date or click on an arrow that will show a (small) popup calendar
and select a date.

What I already have is a date/time picker with three boxes, one for the
month, date and year. That's not what I want. The one I'm working with
displays 31 items in at pop up for the day, and it's really too large to look
nice. All I want is a simple, single field control with an arrow or icon on
the right that will either allow the user to input a date or select one from
a (small) popup calendar.

Please don't send me to ASP.Net. I've been through all of their date
controls. Either the link is broken, the control has bad reviews, or the one
- like Peter Blume's lovely control - is too expensive for me.

I'm really sorry to bother you guys about this. It's just that
everyone's right about there being a lot of controls out there like this.
The problem is that when you do a google search, you get too much back most
of which isn't what you want, and the ones on ASP.Net - that is if they
actually work - cost too much and have WAY too much functionality for what I
need.

I'm really counting on someone here knowing of a specific, free date input
control I can use. A good explanation of why Microsoft didn't bother to make
this part of ASP.Net would be nice too. Sorry if I sound a little irritated
after now the FOURTH time in the last three weeks spending at least two hours
searching. But, that's why I'm here and I genuinely will appreciate and
specific referral to one or more locations where I can download such a
control.

Thanks!
Karen Grube
klgrube@yahoo.com

Wessam Zeidan 10-22-2004 05:35 AM

Re: REPOST: Need help locating a web date control with popup calendar

This one is free

http://www.eworldui.net/CustomContro...ndarPopup.aspx

Karen Grube 10-22-2004 06:49 PM

Re: REPOST: Need help locating a web date control with popup calen

Thank you so much!!! It's exactly what I was looking for! Perfect!
Truly, you helped enormously!

Karen