Velocity Reviews

-   -   Tabbed interface? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t773862-tabbed-interface.html)

Peter Aitken 07-21-2004 08:11 PM

Tabbed interface?

I understand that a tabbed interface control is coming with ASP.NET 2.0, but
I have a project in the current version that needs this. Does anyone know of
any resources to create a tabbed interface?

--
Peter Aitken

yufufi 07-21-2004 08:48 PM

Re: Tabbed interface?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/w...w/tabstrip.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/w.../multipage.asp

by the way , u need to download internet explorer web controls from msdn
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/w...w/overview.asp

Peter Aitken 07-21-2004 09:00 PM

Re: Tabbed interface?

"yufufi" <yufufi@ttnet.net.tr> wrote in message
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/w...w/tabstrip.asp
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/w.../multipage.asp
>

> by the way , u need to download internet explorer web controls from msdn
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/w...w/overview.asp

Accorsing to MS those controls are no longer supported and are compatible
only with specific .Net builds. So, no thanks!

--
Peter Aitken

Scott G. 07-21-2004 09:09 PM

Re: Tabbed interface?

Download the source and build them for whatever .NET build you want.

Peter Aitken 07-21-2004 09:16 PM

Re: Tabbed interface?

I'm not clear how this would work. What if my client has a different ..Net build on his server than I use for development?

--
Peter Aitken

Scott G. 07-22-2004 01:30 PM

Re: Tabbed interface?

Well, there are only two of them right now; 1.1 and 1.0; and you'd face the same situation with your own code. If I wanted to use the IE webcontrols, I'd create a project with the source and include it as part of my solution builds.

You could also go and buy similar controls from a 3rd party....

Scott