Velocity Reviews

-   -   Load User Control on link click (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t773716-load-user-control-on-link-click.html)

Kiki 07-06-2004 02:36 PM

Load User Control on link click

Hello,
i'm a newbie on .NET so not even sure what i can and cannot do.
Here's the deal.
I have 2 user controls on a page: one is the left side menu and in the
middle there are some linkable images. What i'd like to do is, instead
of redirecting to a page when a link (from the menu or the image) is
clicked, so load a control on the right of the page that will display
some info, thus allowing the user to have a quick look to decide
whether or not he/she wants to view the page.. Initially, this 3rd
control will be something general and then, after the user selects an
item it will load the appropriate control.
Is this possible?
in short...

<asp:placeholder id="ph1" runat="server" />
<asp:placeholder id="ph2" runat="server" />
<asp:placeholder id="ph3" runat="server" />

{
LeftMenu leftMenuControl = (LeftMenu) LoadControl
("UserControls/LeftMenu.ascx");
this.ph1.Controls.Add(leftMenuControl);
Control secondControl= (Control )
LoadControl("UserControls/SecondControl.ascx");
this.ph2.Controls.Add(secondControl);
}

i hope this is clear and thank you for your help.

Bobby Ryzhy 07-06-2004 11:02 PM

Re: Load User Control on link click

You will have to use <div> tags and javascript to make them visible
and not.

example:
<script language="javascript">
<!--
function ShowDiv(divToShow)
{
var objs = document.all;

for (var i=0; i<objs.length; i++)
{
if (objs[i].id.indexOf('linkDiv') == -1)
{
if (objs[i].style.visibility == 'visible')
{
objs[i].style.visibility = 'hidden'
objs[i].style.display = 'none'
}
}
}

var obj = document.getElementById(divToShow);

if (typeof(obj) != "undefined")
{
obj.style.visibility = 'visible';
obj.style.display = 'block';