Velocity Reviews

-   -   Derive from System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t773209-derive-from-system-web-ui-webcontrols-panel.html)

David Smith via .NET 247 05-05-2004 07:36 PM

Derive from System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel

I would like to create a user control that derives fromSystem.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel and shows up at design time likea Panel so I can drop other controls into it. The customercontrol will have my content border so that I can easilyseperate content HTML from control HTML.

Thanks for all your help,

--------------------------------
From: David Smith

-----------------------

<Id>nNVXT5AqM0y4+ZJsdk9p1A==</Id>

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu 05-06-2004 11:52 AM

Re: Derive from System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel

David Smith via .NET 247 <anonymous@dotnet247.com> wrote in
> I would like to create a user control that derives from
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel and shows up at design time like a Panel
> so I can drop other controls into it. The customer control will have my
> content border so that I can easily seperate content HTML from control
> HTML.

User controls are special container controls. They dont just descend from
anything. Do you want a user control or a custom control?

If you want a user control, declare a new user control and put a panel on it.

Get your ASP.NET in gear with IntraWeb!
http://www.atozed.com/IntraWeb/