Velocity Reviews

-   -   .NET Textbox and databinding (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t772638-net-textbox-and-databinding.html)

Nikerz Inc 02-13-2004 11:44 AM

.NET Textbox and databinding

Hello everyone,

Can someone help with this idea,

Textbox1.text = mydataset.consumer.address

Consumer is my table and address is the feild!!! Thx! I want to retreive
and update information from that textbox using OLEDB adapters.

Alvin Bruney [MVP] 03-02-2004 03:03 PM

Re: .NET Textbox and databinding

Your post went unanswered. Have you resolved this issue?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

Nikerz Inc 03-02-2004 09:21 PM

Re: .NET Textbox and databinding

Hi there!

Nope not yet!!! I've been doing some research but so far I can't find any
detailed information as to my goal.

Alvin Bruney [MVP] 03-03-2004 03:28 PM

Re: .NET Textbox and databinding

Your syntax is incorrect since a dataset has tables which in turn contain
rows, it doesn't know which row of which table you are asking it to display.

Use this instead
TextBox1.Text = mydataset.consumer[0].Rows[row][column].ToString()

this assigns a specific field in the default consumer table at the specified
row given by the coordinate (row,column).

hth