Velocity Reviews

-   -   I have about 150 server control in page (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t772363-i-have-about-150-server-control-in-page.html)

joji kerala 01-20-2004 11:11 PM

I have about 150 server control in page

I have about 150 server control in a aspx page. What is the best method to use this. If i open this it eating all the memory

Any thoughts about it

joj

Alessandro Zifiglio 01-21-2004 04:19 PM

Re: I have about 150 server control in page

Cant you simply split your page into several other pages. I cannot think of
*one* situation where i needed a very long --very heavy --control cluttered
web page ;P

Surely a page with 150 server controls is a lot more memory intensive than a
page with 15 controls, makes sense --what do you say ;P
Split your page is my advice for you :)

Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP] 01-22-2004 12:15 AM

Re: I have about 150 server control in page

Hi Joji,

Can you describe a bit more your scenario? What type of controls are in
there? Have you considered separating them in UC and using Output caching?

--
Victor Garcia Aprea
Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET