Velocity Reviews

-   -   About the TreeView WebControl (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t772279-about-the-treeview-webcontrol.html)

Elmer 01-12-2004 08:21 PM

About the TreeView WebControl

Hello,
In the direction:
url=/workshop/webcontrols/overview/treeview.asp

says that "Microsoft® Internet Explorer WebControls are
not currently supported!".

Anyone knows how true it is?, o what's the time when It
will be available?.

I'm confuse, because in this article says that we can use
this technology for IE 5.5 o higuer or others with HTML 3.2

Thanks for your help.
Elmer

Alvin Bruney 01-12-2004 10:44 PM

Re: About the TreeView WebControl

not supported simply means that microsoft technical support will not address
problems associated with the control. There is ample support on this
newsgroup anyhow so that shouldn't stop you from implementing it.

Unsupported controls usually have issues associated with them or are in the
process of being reworked architecturally which make allocating resources to
them pointless as the code base has not yet evolved to a point where the
expense of support is justified. You should take from this discussion that
there are enough issues with these controls that you should weigh their
benefit carefully against the heartaches of bugs.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney