Velocity Reviews

-   -   Desperately need ASP.Net Grid Control (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t771787-desperately-need-asp-net-grid-control.html)

Daniel 11-17-2003 07:23 PM

Desperately need ASP.Net Grid Control

Anyone know where I can find one that has the following features:

- Absolutely must be able to copy and paste multiple cells, rows, columns
etc.
- Customizable multi-line column headers. Each line in the header having
it's own customizable font, size, column span etc.
- Customizable cell formulas so that cell x can be a calculation from other
cells in the spreadsheet.

That's pretty much it.

I've tried three so far, but 2 of them (Infragistics UltraWebGrid and
..ComponentOne WebGrid) didn't have copy/paste ability, so they're out. The
third is Spread for Web Forms from Farpoint, and it seems to do most of what
I need but we're having a few issues using it and my trial version just
expired.

Anyone have any suggestions. We've thought about making our own. However
we don't have the time to do so and if there are others out there doing it
already there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks in advance.
Daniel

Chris Bower 11-17-2003 07:36 PM

Re: Desperately need ASP.Net Grid Control

What do you mean by copy & paste? If you mean actually selecting the rows in
the browser and copying & pasting there, you're probably not going to find a
solution. That is handled exclusively by whatever browser engine you're
working with.

Daniel 11-17-2003 07:58 PM

Re: Desperately need ASP.Net Grid Control

I mean highlighting a group of cells, hitting "ctrl c" and then pasting with
"ctrl v".

Farpoint's Spread for Web Forms does this well enough for our purposes. It
can't dynamically insert rows based on what is being pasted but if the
number of rows/columns being pasted is less than or equal to the number of
rows/columns in the grid, it pastes them fine. Basically, our clients will
have something in Microsoft Excel which will need to be pasted into the
grid. It is always a predetermined set number of rows and columns. We're
leaning towards FarPoint's grid, but are wondering what else is out there.

Thanks,
Dan