Velocity Reviews

-   -   Corporate Footer Control (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t771639-corporate-footer-control.html)

bspann 11-05-2003 02:26 PM

Corporate Footer Control

I have a custom control that I have written for our companies footer. The
old footer was an include file that used div tags. In my control, my class
inherited from the base(HtmlTextWriterTag.Div). This works as long as I
manually place the tag on the ASP.NET page. I am not able to drag and drop
the control on the page. After I added the tag to the page, in design mode
the page I get an "Error Creating Control".

Should I inherit from another control or tag? Some direction would be
great.

Thanks,

Brian

Jim 11-05-2003 05:13 PM

Corporate Footer Control

Did you create a Web User Control (.ascx)?

bspann 11-05-2003 09:08 PM

Re: Corporate Footer Control

No, it is a Custom Control. Because Corporate Headers and Footers can span
across multiple applications. So I don't use that approach.