Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to invoke security in a webcontrol (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t770924-how-to-invoke-security-in-a-webcontrol.html)

John Kraft 09-02-2003 08:16 PM

How to invoke security in a webcontrol

I have created a web app that uses forms security on certain
directories. What I would like to do is to put a login control on all
site pages so that if the user wants to login immediately, he can.
Then, a list of all directories he has access to would show up in the
navigation pane.

My forms security works perfectly, but when they login from the control
I cannot get the cookie to be accepted. It acts as if the cookie is
accepted, using either response.cookies.add or
formsauthentication.setcookie, but it does not exist when the page posts
back.

John Kraft