Velocity Reviews

-   -   Process.Start() fails (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t770162-process-start-fails.html)

Mervin Williams 01-27-2010 10:29 PM

Process.Start() fails

I am trying to call a console application from within my ASP.NET
application. The strErrors variable returns:

"System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException : Configuration system
failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException:
An error occurred loading a configuration file: Access is denied.
---> System.Security.SecurityException: Access is denied."
Here is the code. The executable referred to by the PAMWriterPath points to
a custom executable and resides on the same pc. I've given the ASP.NET
webapp's Anonymous user account full access to the conole application's
directory. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Process p = new Process();

p.StartInfo.FileName = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["PAMWriterPath"];
p.StartInfo.Arguments = "PostSub";
p.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = false;
p.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = true;

p.StartInfo.RedirectStandardInput = true;
p.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = true;
p.StartInfo.RedirectStandardError = true;
bool started = p.Start();

StreamWriter sIn = p.StandardInput;
sIn.AutoFlush = true;
StreamReader sOut = p.StandardOutput;