Velocity Reviews

-   -   Windows Impersonation/Delegation Group Policies? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t770147-windows-impersonation-delegation-group-policies.html)

7777 12-03-2009 10:25 PM

Windows Impersonation/Delegation Group Policies?

Hello, can Windows domain Group Policies be utilized/pushed when using
ASP.NET Impersonation/Delegation? Thanks in advance.

Joe Kaplan 12-03-2009 11:44 PM

Re: Windows Impersonation/Delegation Group Policies?

I believe Citrix has a login integration system using constrained delegation
that ends up supporting GPO and such for the remote desktop you end up
logging in to. Normally in a network login, GPO is not processed though. So,
it may depend on what you are trying to do or what your exact scenario is.

http://www.directoryprogramming.net

7777 12-04-2009 01:06 AM

Re: Windows Impersonation/Delegation Group Policies?

Scenario would be IIS 6.0 serving up WCF ASP.NET app to SQL Server and was
wondering if configuring and using Impersonation/Delegation windows
authentication would be able to utilize domain policies? Thanks Joe,
appreciate your info.

7777 12-04-2009 05:17 PM

Re: Windows Impersonation/Delegation Group Policies?

I'm not sure if my reply went through but just still pondering...

....scenario would be WCF ASP.NET app on an IIS 6.0 which a user logs in from
their client (all within one domain) enters data, which then the .net app
(same domain) sends it to SQL Server on a different machine (same domain)
and was wondering if configuring and using Impersonation/Delegation windows
authentication would be able to utilize domain login policies? Thanks Joe,

Joe Kaplan 12-04-2009 05:52 PM

Re: Windows Impersonation/Delegation Group Policies?

No, not for that. However, what policies would you be looking to use? The
user's account policy will still be enforced in that they won't be able to
authenticate if they are locked our or expired or something. GPO won't
process in this use case though.

So, it depends more specifically on what you are expecting to have happen at
SQL server.